When a patient needs the shape, size, strength, or appearance of their tooth restored, Dr. Lynn Leyde may recommend a dental crown in Shoreline, Washington. A dental crown is a custom-made cap that is placed over a tooth, covering the entire visible portion of the tooth. In our office, our dental crowns are metal-free. They are made of porcelain, which can be color matched to your natural teeth.
A dental crown may be needed to:
• Keep a weak tooth from breaking
• Hold a cracked tooth together
• Restore a tooth that is broken or badly worn down
• Cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling
• Anchor a dental bridge
• Cover a misshapen or badly stained tooth
• Cover a dental implant
• Improve the appearance of a tooth
Our dentist may place a dental crown on a primary tooth to:
• Save a tooth that is too badly decayed to support a dental filling
• Protect the teeth of a child who is at high risk for cavities
• Protect the teeth of a child who has a hard time keeping up with dental hygiene
• Decrease the use of general anesthesia on a child who is unable to cooperate during dental procedures
Please contact Professional Dental Care today to learn more and to schedule your next appointment.