As our lives become busier and busier, it is important not to neglect our oral health care. You don’t have to fight off cavities alone. Dr. Lynn Leyde wants to help. We specialize in many different services to cover all your needs for your mouth, jaw, teeth, and gums. What we cannot help you with is your dedication to good habits on your own. Take the short quiz below to see if you are doing anything to help cultivate good oral hygiene habits:
– True or False: You should visit your dentist every six months for oral exams and professional cleanings,
– True or False: Most dentists recommend brushing teeth for 2 minutes, twice daily
– True or False: The dentists at Professional Dental Care are real-life oral health care superheroes.
– True or False: For better oral hygiene, you should eat a well-balanced diet consisting of all five food groups
– Question: Which of the following foods can cause plaque buildup which can promote tooth decay: cookies, chewy candy, sour-flavored sweets, fudge brownies, or sugary sodas?
Answer: All of the above
If you answered all five questions correctly, congratulations, you are on the fast-track to oral hygiene superstardom! However, it is not nearly enough to only know safe dental procedures. You must practice them as well.
The line between expert and novice is quite small, so don’t stop working on your oral hygiene. If you wish to come in for a professional cleaning or an oral exam, please make an appointment with Dr. Lynn Leyde by contacting our wonderful dental team at Professional Dental Care via phone at 206-546-8377. You can also stop by our office in Shoreline, Washington. Until next time, keep smiling!