Do you have any plans in place for a tooth extraction? Preparing for a tooth extraction is vital if you wish your extraction and recovery to go along smoothly. The more you are willing to do to prepare, the greater the chance of success you can come to expect. Listed below are important tips and techniques to use when preparing for pre- and post-extraction recovery:
– If you are a smoker, quit before going into a tooth extraction. If you cannot quit beforehand, stop at least 48 hours before and after your surgery.
– Rest up. Rest before your procedure and after as well. Your body will need additional energy to help heal itself, which can make you naturally drowsy. Set aside recovery time which involved avoiding the gym and other physical labor.
– Always follow any instructions given to you by your dentist.
– Do not eat or drink anything after your surgery until the anesthesia has completely worn off.
– Take medications that are prescribed to you exactly as directed and never increase dosage unless instructed to by your dentist.
– Prepare ice packs to help with inflammation that can occur.
For a more thorough examination at Professional Dental Care to determine which tooth replacement treatments will work best for you after your extraction recovery, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Lynn Leyde by calling our dentist office in Shoreline, Washington at 206-546-8377. A full smile is your first step to a brighter, healthier lifestyle that can improve your life for many years to come.